VILLA MIGELITA IS THE CELEBRATION OF NATURE THROUGH ECOTOURISM
e are a hotel in the Andes Mountains of La Buitrera in the Valle del Cauca department of Colombia. When you stay at our Ecolodge we want all visitors to feel comfortable like they are in their own home. We are unique because we limit our guests to one group at a time so we can give you personal attention, personalized menus and tours of your choice. We offer activities with the price of the room along with breakfast. Other meals are inexpensive and delicious and we try to accommodate all dietary requests. We have an organic garden and many fruit trees on the property.
Hummingbirds are our prized possession with over 40 species here at our Villa and there are observation areas on all floors of Villa Migelita Ecolodge. Bird watching is incredible and we have feeding stations for our other Neotropical birds all around the grounds, along with beautiful flora. Colombia has the most species of birds in the world, the most species of flowers and the most fruits.
We have a lake on our grounds along with many areas to hang in a hammock, sit under a kiosko or in strategically placed chairs to watch the nature that is constantly evolving and changing. Butterflies are abundant in the gardens here at Villa Migelita Ecolodge. Colombia also has the most species of butterflies in the world.
Luxury in the rainforest. Take a tour around Villa Migelita Ecolodge below
Villa Migelita Ecolodge has over 40 species of Hummingbirds as visitors
Information about Villa Migelita Ecolodge can be found below
ith an emphasis on enriching personal experiences and environmental awareness through interpretation, ecotourism promotes greater understanding and appreciation for nature, local society, and culture. At Villa Migelita Ecolodge we do all of the above, with the emphasis on nature and bird watching.
See what guests are saying about us HERE…
Hummings From Paradise
am an American who moved to Colombia to find peace after the devastating loss of my daughter. I bought and renovated a Villa, am learning Spanish, and writing as catharsis. This blog will be like a book with chapters. Each blog will be about my life in Colombia and my adventures. I hope you will enjoy the many new discoveries I am making every day about myself and another culture.
Please visit and sign up HERE
• Eco Hikes
• Nightly Campfires
• Valle de Cauca Birds
• Cooking Classes
• Yoga Classes
• Plants And Flowers
• Butterfly Eco-Hikes
• Salsa Dance Workshop
Relax or Adventure
illa Migelita Ecolodge offers some fantastic activities included in the price for guests staying with us. You’ll be completely immersed in the natural world of plants, birds and food all of which has made Colombia the destination choice for Eco lovers the world over. More details about these inclusions can be found under “RATES”
OTHER ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
As well as the included activities, Villa Migelita Ecolodge also offers other activities that guests can access with an additional fee.
- Parapente – The most famous Adventure travel option in the Valle del Cauca department. Zip-line is available also
- Rio Cauca Tour – See birds of all species in a protected area free of tourists and enjoy the peace, water, mountain views while seeing many different species of birds.
- Waterfalls – Swim under the waterfalls in Colombia.
- Eco Hikes – This eco-hike is included in the price of the rooms.
- Nirvana Nature Hike – Hike to the top of Nirvana natural reserve and reward yourself with a beer.
- La Chorrea del Indio – Natural pool and waterfall.
- Horseback Riding Adventures – Ride horses through the mountains of Colombia and see waterfalls, beautiful mountain views in a perfect climate.
- Parrot Adventure – Drive high in the jungle to see parrots at sunset.
- Silvia Colombia – A beautiful pueblo of the Indigenous people who sell beautiful crafts.
- Lago Calima – Visit this nearby pueblo for water sport activities including Jet Ski, Para sailing and boat rides.
- Buga Colombia – Visit the Waterfall of the miracles, an eco hike of incredible beauty.
- Cali Colombia – Visit famous landmarks and then have lunch in the Alameda Galleria and look at all the gorgeous vendors of fruits and vegetables.
- The Cali Zoo – A conservation zoo that is well worth the visit.
- Tenerife – A farming town filled with crops of strawberries, long onions and pineapple crops. A leisurely drive through the countryside of waterfalls and rivers. Charming!
- El Paraiso/Sugarcane Museum – Local history that needs to be seen! You will see roses, all kinds of orchids and beautiful horses grazing.You will also see amazing flora and fauna, and the look of the homes 100 years ago in Colombia.
Did you know that we help with medical tourism and offer discounted prices for those who stay with us for extended periods? Just contact me for a discussion.
“Don’t Just Stay”
“Have An Experience”
Villa Migelita Ecolodge is an all inclusive, superbly appointed and maintained villa situated near Palmira right in the heart of Valle del Cauca, Colombia. Unique in its design and location, Villa Migelita Ecolodge offers guests an exclusive resort style experience in one of the true, untouched and natural wonderlands in the world. Your stay at Villa Migelita Ecoldge will be an unforgettable combination of birds, animals, flowers, views, food and the Colombian lifestyle. And the good news is…….No Visa required for visiting Colombia.
If you would like an All Inclusive Package that includes, transportation to paid tourist activities and a driver who is bilingual in English and Spanish, all meals/beverages(liquor not included) at Villa Migelita Ecolodge (this doesn’t include meals while out on paid tourist activities), pick up and drop off at Alfonso Bonilla International Airport Cali, Colombia CLO, maid service including laundry, the cost of all tourist activities not included in the price of the room, personalized tour packages, special events such as birthday parties, weddings and more you will need a private consultation with Michele owner of Villa Migelita Ecolodge by phone or email for an exact quote. Our room prices are listed under each room photo and included in these prices are breakfast, other meals are 15,000COP per person, maid service (laundry is extra) and the following activities:
• Plant and flower workshop
We will explore the grounds of Villa Migelita Ecolodge to learn the names of the many varieties of plants, flowers and fruit. Allow 45 minutes for this activity.
• Butterfly eco-hikes
We will go to nearby rivers when it is sunny and sit with a snack and watch. Colombia has the most species of butterflies in the world. They love sunny weather and if you wear colorful clothing many actually land on you. Allow 1 to 2 hours for this activity.
• Introduction to birds of Villa Migelita Ecolodge and the Valle del Cauca
We will go over the birds you will see right at Villa Migelita Ecolodge. We have over 35 species of Hummingbirds with observation areas on all floors of the Villa. Colombia has the most species of birds in the world.
• Salsa Dance Workshop
We will have a night of dance on our second floor balcony with the bar to listen to salsa music and teach you the basic salsa dancing moves. We will include snacks and a drink of our traditional Rum or Aquardiente.
• Cooking Class for San Cocho de Galina
Learn how to make this traditional soup beloved by all Colombians. We will also show you how to make Chimichurri from cilantro growing right at Villa Migelita Ecolodge in our organic garden.
• Campfire at night
We will make smores by the lake of Villa Migelita Ecolodge, enjoy the night sounds of nature.
• Yoga classes upon request
• Free gym for light workouts
The Gardenia is a delightfully furnished room that comprises a Double bed and has a shared bathroom. The room has excellent views of the mountains and the Villa Migelita lake.
Price: $60 USD
The Hibiscus is located on the second floor and has one Queen bed and a private bathroom. Light and airy, this room has a lovely outlook to our beautiful lake and mountains.
Price: $75 USD
The Villa Migelita Master Suite is the absolute pinnacle of the Villa Migelita experience. The glass walls provide a panoramic view of the mountains and surrounds. Along with the private living area guests will be able to pamper themselves in the private master bathroom. And… to be certain of a good night’s sleep, the suite is equipped with an XL King size bed. There is a flat screen TV in the VM Suite but we think that it will be little used when surrounded by the serenity and peace of this beautiful region.
Price: $125 USD
The Hummingbird is one of two rooms that sit at the top of Villa Migelita. The room has picture postcard views of the mountains. Combine this with the outdoor setting on the private balcony and you are sure to feel like you’re in the clouds. The bedroom has 2 Double beds and a shared bathroom.
Price: $100 USD
Villa Migelita is a WiFi zone enabling guests to always be in contact with the loved ones and businesses if they choose.